HLM Venture Partners, a premier healthcare investor, is looking to fill several full-time positions in the Boston area ASAP.
We are seeking Venture Capital Senior Associates who will have the opportunity to work closely with the general partners to apply their existing skills, while developing others, to support our past and newest funds. The Senior Associate will be responsible for a variety of tasks including, but not limited to, the following: (1) providing financial and return analysis of future and existing investments, (2) meeting with founders and entrepreneurs and sourcing new investments, (3) participating in the VC community by attending relevant networking events, (4) supporting all due diligence activities related to new investment opportunities including financials analysis, key opinion leader calls, documentation of diligence, and development of investment justification documents, and (5) assisting with the management of the existing portfolio companies and overall fund management tasks.
Scope of the Senior Associate Role
The Senior Associate role could develop into a career track position for candidates who demonstrate and exceed expectations. As HLM is a leading healthcare venture capital investor, the candidate needs to demonstrate a passion for healthcare and a basic understanding of investing in this industry. Given HLM’s collaborative nature, candidates will not work in silos but rather work with the various team members gaining exposure and receiving credit for hard work.
This position will require these skills to perform the following responsibilities:
- Due diligence with customer and management references, market sizing, industry research, competitive analysis, barriers to entry and adoption. Ultimately help drive consensus from investment team.
- Develop investment memoranda and presentation materials for the partnership. To include information learned during due diligence, refining data to create visual aids and documents to support an investment thesis.
- Support existing portfolio companies as needed, report on their performance, and maintain in house documentation.
- Specifically, the job will require a deep understanding and ability to develop complex spreadsheets for financial models validating company performance and fund returns.
- Help in our ever growing needs to improve our processes and infrastructure as we scale.
- Summarize and report on market trends related to venture and growth financing events, private equity recapitalizations, valuation analyses, and liquidity events.
- Work closely with the team and possible LPs to validate market opportunities for new investment.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, or Related Field.
- At least 3 years of experience gained from functional and industry exposure in investment banking, venture capital, private equity, and consulting.
- Specific healthcare experience is required for this job.
- Travel will be required and participation in industry events where the candidate will represent HLM. They are expected to handle themselves in a professional manner and dress appropriately. In addition, they will maintain existing relationships while developing new relationships and expand the HLM network.
Additional qualifications which will be viewed favorably:
- An MBA, or relevant masters level degree
- Operational role in a healthcare company
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
About HLM Venture Partners
Founded in 1983, HLM Venture Partners is a venture capital firm headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. The firm invests in tech-enabled healthcare services, healthcare information technology, and medical device and diagnostics sectors. HLM provides venture capital across various stages of a company’s life including early, mid, and late. The firm has helped over 90 privately held healthcare companies turn innovative ideas into market-leading businesses. The Company’s investment professionals have over 125 years of collective expertise in the healthcare industry, an accumulation of knowledge and experience that is invaluable to the leadership of its portfolio companies.